Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing 5


Spent quite a bit of time on Flickr...took the tour, checked out the different areas. It's truly amazing to have access to so many photos with just a few clicks of the mouse. What a fantastic tool for showing students geographical features or locations. Being a native Texan, I decided to search for Texas photos. There were so many interesting and/or beautiful shots that I had a hard time just picking one. I finally selected this photo of the 'Aggie' bluebonnet posted by sarowen because I loved the contrast between the brilliant blue and marooon. I don't guess the folks down at A&M will be putting any effort into a burnt orangebonnet any time soon, though!

2 comments:

VWB said...

it is truly amazing what photos are available in the Flickr Creative Commons! I think I will send this one to my personal pair of Aggies!

M. Moore said...

Hey friend. Your blog is great! Learning about all these places on the internet is fun. Thanks for telling me about and asking me to join. We are learning together once again. There are wonderful floral pictures from Alaska on flickr as well. Many that I have taken similar photos of. Wow. What a site.