Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing 10



ImageChef.com Poetry Blender


I created the image above using the Poetry Blender feature on Image Chef. I also created the magazine cover below on the Big Huge Labs site. I can see how you could spend LOTS of time on these sites! Out of all the sites that were linked from the blog, I found that Big Huge Labs was the easiest for me to use. Some of the other sites were not as user-friendly. It took me numerous tries, for instance, to get the image from ImageChef to post here. I followed the directions for copying and pasting the html code numerous times, but I never could get it to work. I'm sure that there is something that I missed, but I don't know what it is. I finally just used the direct post option instead.




I probably won't have the need to use these sites often either professionally or personally, but it's great to know that these tools are available when I do need them. I would probably use them most when I needed to add something unique to a presentation or for humorous library signage. I don't know that I would use any of them with students, but I'm open to ideas! I'm sure the students would be highly motivated to create their own images, though, and I would love to try something like having them create their own magazine cover in honor of a famous person.





A site that I've been introduced to recently is Glogster, which allows the user to create posters combining images, video, and music. I am working on a Glog for my school library home page, which I hope to have completed by the beginning of school. Be kind...it's a work in progress!

1 comment:

M. Moore said...

I love your creations! I had so much fun making all my stuff. I can't wait to play around with Glogster. This class is awesome! Thanks for telling me about it. I wish all staff developments were like this.