Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing 9

I've spent several days looking at some of the blog search tools and although I found the Google search to be the easiest to use, I prefer finding blogs through the recommendations of others. Not necessarily word-of-mouth, but more a word-of-blog-ticker method. Almost every library-related blog that I visited had Doug Johnson's Blue Skunk blog in their list, so I subscribed to it as well. I think that it says something (hopefully something good!) when a blog has as large an audience as Doug Johnson's does. I did find an amusing blog about mothering preschoolers using Technorati, but I found that tool somewhat difficult to navigate....it was not clearly evident to me how to go about getting to the actual blog so that I could subscribe. I thought it was interesting that on Suprglu the vast majority of the posts came from Doug Johnson's blog. Maybe I just caught it at an unusual time. The most entertaining feed that I found was one called 'Love the Liberry' that recounts some of the amusing interactions that occur between public librarians and their patrons. Maybe I should start something like that for school librarians....

No comments: