Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing 20 or YouTube, TeacherTube, We all Tube Together!

When I searched using the term 'library' I found this cute Sesame Street skit with Cookie Monster, who happens to be my favorite SS character. I plan to use it to kick off my kindergarten classes this year!

No Cookies in the Library




I also saw this video on The Faculty Room Blog, which I subscribed to on my Google Reader, and since it is so apropos to our course, I'm adding it here.

Learning to Change--Changing to Learn



Life Cycles is a major topic in science for kindergarten as well as 2nd grade so I searched for videos on that subject. I found this video about the life cycle of a butterfly, which would be a great introduction for kindergartners.

Life Cycle of a Butterfly



I'm very glad to find out about Zamzar because YouTube is blocked in my district so it will be nice to have a way around that barrier. Our district subscribes to United Streaming so we do have access to many great educational videos through that resource. It is great to have access to so many videos online (and brief ones, at that!) because you can often show the students something that will get the point across much quicker than many words might do. Hmmmm....makes me think that I probably shouldn't spend any $$$ on new DVDs to add to the video collection!

1 comment:

Grendel said...

YouTube is blocked in my district, too, so I share your delight in learning about Zamzar!