Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing 12

I loved Thing 12! I was glad to get the opportunity (i.e., being required to do something that I felt I didn't have time to do) to read some of the other participants' blogs and see that many of us are experiencing the same things. I think the two most important points about comments are: 1) comments encourage the author and let him/her know that he/she is being heard (it's somewhat depressing to see '0 comments' day after day) and 2) make your comment meaningful (I abhor those 'blanket praise' type of statements like 'Good point.' or 'I totally agree.' because they are SO meaningless.). I chose to make my extra-curricular comments on two of the blogs that I added to my Google Reader: Doug Johnson's Blue Skunk blog and the Rocks in My Dryer blog. Both of these writers inject a sense of humor into their posts that resonates with me as an educator and a mother of two preschoolers. I enjoy reading about about the situations that other educators and mothers encounter, especially when the writing is as well done as these two blogs are written.

1 comment:

myska said...

Humor is something I appreciate as well. In fact, I think it is what keeps many folks coming back to a blog. Thanks for your post!