Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 17--Rollyo Rocks!

I wasn't sure at first how I might be able to use Rollyo, but after giving it some thought I remembered that I'm always searching for coloring/activity sheets on various sites to supplement my storytimes and RIF distributions. Rollyo is a fantastic tool for searching multiple sites! Now instead of visiting 10 or 15 different places to find what I need, I can just search once. I can't wait to share this tool with the teachers on my campus. There are several who do try to have their students complete 'research projects', but I continue to battle the 'just Google it' mentality. I won't get all the way up on my soapbox, but suffice it to say that most elementary school students are not able to search effectively using Google! Rollyo will really help in that respect. I am very excited about sharing this new (to me) resource with my faculty in a few weeks!

No comments: